The Scarsdale Youth Soccer Club (SYSC) is a non-profit organization administered by Scarsdale parents. The Club, in conjunction with our professional coaching partner, ATSC, organizes and regulates boys' and girls’ soccer teams to play in travel soccer leagues and tournaments. ATSC selects the coaches and assigns them to each team.
The Club fields travel soccer teams from U8 - U14. In general, the club fields around 40 teams each year between girls' and boys' teams. These teams are registered in the Westchester Youth Soccer League ("WYSL"). The WYSL is a league that is part of both the US Club Soccer and the United States Youth Soccer Association ("USYSA")
OBJECTIVES AND PHILOSOPHY
The Club's objectives are to provide children with the opportunity to participate in a travel soccer experience where they can develop positive self-esteem and build character by learning the virtues of hard work, respect, honesty, self-control, teamwork and sportsmanship. To achieve these objectives, the Club encourages its coaches to adopt a philosophy that seeks to achieve for the players the following:
- To have fun.
- To develop an appreciation of sportsmanship and the fundamentals of team play.
- To respect teammates, coaches, opponents, the referee and the Laws of the game.
- To learn the meaning of dedication and commitment and to experience the relationship between effort and results.
- To learn soccer, individual skills, small group tactics and team tactics, so that each player and his or her team can become the best that they are capable of becoming.
- To engage in healthy competition.
COMMITMENT AND EXPECTATIONS
Travel Soccer is a great experience, but it is not for everyone. Please read our Commitment policy to decide whether SYSC is right for you and your family.