Financial Policies - Registration and Team Dues
- The registration fees that you pay when you register your child for travel soccer in June covers the basic costs associated with playing in the Westchester Youth Soccer League Fall and Spring seasons, as well as 2 team practices/ week during each season, professional coaching at team practices and games during the season, and supplemental club provided winter training and clinics. It does not cover uniforms, bags, warm-ups, balls, tournaments or additional winter or other activities in which the team may elect to enroll. Your team manager will collect additional monies to support any such team activities. In addition, any team that elects to play in more than one league will incur additional fees which must be divided among all team members.
- The registration fees for SYSC Travel Academy (SDP) cover the training sessions only and not uniforms or other gear. In the event that SYSC Travel Academy (SDP) teams participate in any tournaments, those children who participate will be asked to pay their share of the registration fee and the cost of any additional coaching time.
- A $25 change fee will be charged whenever a child is moved from one SYSC Travel Academy (SDP) session to another after registration.
- THERE IS NO REFUND OR CREDIT (PRORATED OR OTHERWISE) if your child decides to drop off a travel, SYSC Travel Academy, SDP or Petite team at any time after registering. Once registered you are responsible for the entire amount of your financial commitment. These dues are retained by the club to provide financial aid to other children that cannot afford the fees, or to continue to pay team expenses. The only exception to this policy is for U8 players who elect to withdraw after the conclusion of the Fall season and provide a timely (by December 15) email to the registrar clearly stating their decision to withdraw and requesting a partial refund.
- Each travel program has a regular registration period announced upon commencement. Late registrants are charged a $50 late fee.
Financial Hardship and Deadlines for Financial Assistance/Registration
If families have a financial hardship, please email the treasurer to request a payment plan or financial aid. No child will be prevented from playing due to financial hardship.
Important note for families requiring financial assistance who have children trying out for ourU-10 and older teams: If you are going to need a payment plan or financial aid in connection with paying the $1150 balance after team placements are announced in June you must get in touch with the treasurer and set it up now because once team placements are posted you will only have 24 hours to accept the offer by completing payment. After team placements are posted, anyone who has a pre-arrangedpayment plan or financial assistance for the 2013-14 season must email the treasurer to accept their spot and get assistance on completing registration by the deadline. Deadlines will not be extended once tryout results are published, so please get in touch in with the treasurer now if you think you may need a payment plan or other financial assistance.