TRYOUTs & REGISTRATION
pre-Registration for tryouts is now OPEN. pre-Registration deadlines vary by age group as pre-registration closes for tryouts 2 days before the age group’s first tryout, thereafter late fees apply. See Fall Tryout Schedule under Tryouts & Registration Section above for the dates for each age group and fields. Tryouts start the week of May 7th! please read all pages under the tryouts & registration drop down menu above for details including documentation requirements, schedules, etc.
Tryouts are required for players born 2010 and earlier
There are no tryouts required for 2011 age group and registration will open in early June.
Players MUST ATTEND BOTH TRYOUTS.
Tryouts are typically held in early May for the following Fall season. If players join mid-season and miss try-outs, they are placed on the lowest seeded team (provided there are spots available.)
Results will be sent out via email on or after June 17
- Tryouts are early May. Registration for tryouts close two days prior to first tryout for age group or late fees apply. See Tryout Schedule for specific age group tryout schedule and registration deadlines.
- SYSC is a commitment for both the Fall and Spring season. Once an spot is accepted there are no refunds or credits. Please see the club’s refund policy for full details.
- Read Commitment Policy and Code of Conduct.
- See Player Documentation Requirements for details on requirements for registration. New copy of Medical Release form required every year for returning players - see new instructions on emailing copy of form.
- Tryouts for 2010 - 2008 age groups are only open to children who attend, or who are eligible to attend, school in the Scarsdale Union Free School District.
- Tryouts for 2007 and older are open to all children who attend, or who are eligible to attend, school in the Scarsdale Union Free School District AND a limited number of spots are available for children from outside the Scarsdale Union Free School District.
- All divisions follow the age based requirements set forth by the WYSL. Players wishing to play SYSC travel soccer must adhere to the age based requirements listed below.
- All 2010 - 2005 players are placed on stratified teams designed to enhance player development. Teams are formed in June for the following Fall and Spring seasons.
- ATSC, SYSC's professional coaching partner, is solely responsible for player evaluation and tryout assessments. They will determine the proper team placement for each child.
- All teams will have a professional coach. This coach may change between the Fall and Spring season.
- For players currently participating in a SYSC program, evaluations from the previous Fall and Spring seasons will be considered during the tryout process. Attendance at ALL tryouts is MANDATORY, even for returning players. If it is not possible to attend due to injury or extenuating circumstances, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure your child's performance is evaluated for possible placement on a team. Please provide your child's name, current team, division, the date you will be missing, and the reason you are missing.
- All players MUST attend BOTH tryouts for age group. See Tryout Schedule by age group under the schedules section in the drop down menu.
Registration & Tryout Checklist:
- Tryout pre-registration for 2010 and older no later than 2 days prior to first tryout date for child’s age group. Deposit of $100 required and late fee of $20 will be applied to all late registrations. Once tryout results are posted and player accepts, the deposit is non-refundable. Register using the family account registration above.
- Each year before tryouts, parents EMAIL one new copy of WYSL Medical Release Form with signatures to email@example.com. New copy of Form required for each player every year. Medical release forms can be downloaded from your family registration page. Select the "print forms" button by each child's name. Medical forms from the previous Spring are not valid. See player documentation page on drop down for more details.
- If children are new to SYSC program, parents must email a COPY of birth certificate or passport for proof of age to firstname.lastname@example.org. See player documentation page on drop down for more details.
- Children should come dressed to play in shorts and wear a plain white top (NO LOGOS OR TEAM NAMES), with shin guards, non-metal cleats, and water.
- ATSC will assign a tryout number for each player at registration.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early to tryouts. Parents should NOT stay at the tryout site. Each tryout will be 90 minutes in length.