U8 TRAVEL SOCCER
Full Year (Fall & Spring) Commitment
Program & Philosophy
Our U8 Travel program is designed for players turning 8 within the calendar year of play. For the 2017-18 season, only players born in 2010 are eligible to play U8 soccer. Players will meet twice a week to practice ball skills, and field sense with professional ATSC trainers. U8 players will compete in game-style festivals on Sundays against neighboring towns in two side-by-side, 4v4 Games that will be coached by volunteer parent coaches. This format does require engaged parent participation with at least two parent coaches per team. Please see the Parent Participation section below.
At the U8 level, foot skills are emphasized and players are encouraged to get lots of touches on the ball. Players are taught that passing in soccer is three-directional: forward, sideways and backwards. Each player on the field will be actively engaged during practices and games. Players will learn to work as a team while emphasizing the development of individual skills.
The Sunday Festival Schedule is set by WYSL and is released just prior to the start of the season. Please note that all players are asked to arrive at their game 30 minutes before to the start of the festival games for warm-up. As this is a travel league, you should expect that half of all games will be played in other towns and that there will be some travel time in reaching those fields. For this age group (U8), no scores or standings are maintained.
- Players born January 1, 2010 – December 31, 2010
- Must supply copy of passport or birth certificate and two copies of medical release* form during registration process
The SYSC U8 teams are generally formed based on elementary school district. There are no tryouts for this age group. All players who register on time will be placed on a team. Players who register after the close of registration will be placed on a wait list and added to a team if a space is available. Players who register late may not be placed on a team with their schoolmates.
The foundation of SYSC is based on parent participation, both at the Board level and at the team level. To make this the best experience possible for our U8 children, we need parent participation. Every team is required to have at least two parent assistant-coaches (three is optimal) who have been issued a coaching card by WYSL. You do not need more than a basic understanding of soccer to help manage the 4v4 format. The kids just need enthusiastic, engaged parents who are willing to help make this a fun experience. ATSC coaches will be present at the festivals as well, but will not be dedicated to individual teams or fields.
The requirements to get a coaching card for the Fall 2017 Season are minimal. Initially, volunteers only need to apply for and clear a background check, which includes an online injury awareness training video. A two-hour Coach Orientation Course is also required by Winter. In order to maintain the coaching card for the start of the Spring season, volunteers must also take the Level 2 Coaching Course by March 30. Please see the Parent Volunteer Pre-requisite page for more details on requirements and course availability. You can sign up to be a parent volunteer during registration or after with the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter Season Training* (Optional)
*The Winter Training for this age group is based on space availability and varies season to season.
While Winter training beyond the sessions provided by SYSC is optional, additional voluntary Winter training can significantly advance player skills and should be encouraged by the Parent Volunteer. Note that the Club and ATSC are now offering optional weekly training throughout the Winter as part of a broader effort to offer programs year-round.
2018 Season: U8 space is available and training will be offered by age group. The season will run from Jan 8 - March 29. Register through Family Account via SI Play on Home page through Nov 4th.
SYSC Contact: JP VanArsdale email@example.com
REGISTER FOR THE WAITING LIST
The Active Registration period was open from
June 2, 2017 — June 30, 2017
U8 Travel Soccer Facts (Born 2010)
- This is a Fall and Spring commitment
- $950 for the year, NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS. Refund Policy
- NO TRYOUTS, all players who register within the period will be placed on a team
- Teams will practice 2x during the week with professional ATSC trainers
- 2nd graders are not required to cross register for Rec Soccer in the Fall (Rec is a separate program run by the Village of Scarsdale)
- Parent volunteer coaches will coach the festival-style games on Sundays in two, side-by-side, 4v4 Games. ATSC coaches will be in attendance at the festivals but will not be dedicated to teams or fields.
- Engaged parent volunteer coach participation is required for Sunday games – please sign up during registration!
New Players (new to u8+)
- Read about our SYSC programs to determine which program is available for your child. Tryouts for U9+ are typically held in May.
- Create a FAMILY ACCOUNT. If you have a child who has previously played travel soccer in our league, you already have an account and can login here. If you are new to any of the SYSC programs, please select online registration and create a family account to register.
- Complete the Player Documentation Requirements.
- Order uniforms for your child.
- Read the Commitment Policy.
- Read the Parent Guidelines.
- Read about our SYSC programs to determine which program is available for your child. Tryouts for U9+ typically held in May.
- Complete the online registration for each individual child in your family. Don't forget to upload a new picture of your child.
- Complete the Player Documentation Requirements.
- Order uniforms for your child only if they need a larger size from the previous season.
- Revisit the Commitment Policy.
- Revisit the Parent Guidelines.
2017 Fall Practice Schedule
|U8 Boys||3:30 - 5:00 | Crossway 4||5:15 - 6:45 | Location|
|U8 Girls||5:15 - 6:45 | Location||3:30 - 5:00 | Location|
|U9 Boys||5:15 - 6:45 | Location||5:15 - 6:45 | Location|
|U9 Girls||3:30 - 5:00 | Location||3:30 - 5:00 | Location|
|U10 Boys||5:15 - 6:45 | Location||5:15 - 6:45 | Location|
|U10 Girls||5:15 - 6:45 | Location||5:15 - 6:45 | Location|
|U11 Boys||5:15 - 6:45 | Location||3:30 - 5:00 | Location|
|U11 Girls||3:30 - 5:00 | Location||3:30 - 5:00 | Location|
|U12 Boys||3:30 - 5:00 | Location||5:15 - 6:45 | Location|
|U12 Girls||3:30 - 5:00 | Location||5:15 - 6:45 | Location|
|U13 Boys||3:30 - 5:00 | Location||3:30 - 5:00 | Location|
|U13 Girls||3:30 - 5:00 | Location||3:30 - 5:00 | Location|
|U14 Boys Porto||3:30 - 5:00 | Location||3:30 - 5:00 | Location|
|U14 Boys Benfica||3:30 - 5:00 | Location||5:15 - 6:45 | Location|
|U14 Girls||5:15 - 6:45 | Location||5:15 - 6:45 | Location|