U9–U14 TRAVEL SOCCER
Full Year (Fall & Spring) Commitment
U9 (2009) - U14 (2004) Travel Soccer is tryout-based program that requires a full year commitment.
Program & Philosophy
Our U9-U14 program offers competitive play through tryout-based stratified teams. Select teams also participate in the WYSL Premier league. Teams are a full-year commitment from September through June. Tryouts are typically held in May for teams that will begin play the following fall. There are 2 team practices each week and some teams may choose to add an additional day of training (at an additional cost). ATSC also offers skill based clinics (included) during the week for those players who are interested in receiving more training. There are 9-10 Sunday games between September and November and another 9-10 Sunday games between April and June. For U9 and U10, no scores or standings are published.
Travel players are no longer required to cross register with the Rec soccer Program. This is a separate soccer program run by the Village but it is a great way to further skill development, sportsmanship and love for the game with elementary school friends.
All SYSC travel teams are designed for committed players who are interested in playing soccer and developing skills. All teams have professional coaching during the week and for Sunday games. Coaching assignments may change during the course of the season or between the fall and spring seasons at the discretion of ATSC.
SYSC also provides the opportunity for winter training through ATSC coaches at an additional cost for those who wish to participate.
All players who try out for U9, U10 and U11 are guaranteed a spot on a team. For U12, U13 and U14 - although we try to place every player on a team, based on the number of spots available on each team and the number of players who tryout, we may not be able to offer a spot to every player. If we have more players than spots, we will create a wait list, and players will be added to a team if a spot becomes available.
SYSC High School teams play in the spring season only. Try outs are held in mid-November. Teams include Scarsdale HS players and players from other area High Schools. Please see the High School page for more information.
U9-U14 Age-Based Eligibility
For the Fall of 2017 the WYSL configurations are as follows:
- 9&U: Players Born Jan 1, 2009 or later
- 10&U: Players Born Jan 1, 2008 or later
- 11&U: Players Born Jan 1, 2007 or later
- 12&U: Players Born Jan 1, 2006 or later
- 13&U: Players Born Jan 1, 2005 or later
- 14&U: Players Born Jan 1, 2004 or later
ATSC will determine the proper division of play and team placement for each child. Once a player is placed in a division, that decision will be final. Players who tryout to Play Up and are not placed in the older age division will not be eligible to move up during the season.
Please see Tryouts section for information on trying out for an older age group "Playing up".
Winter Season Training* (Optional)
The Winter Training for this age group is available on an annual basis.
While Winter training beyond the sessions provided by SYSC is optional, additional voluntary Winter training can significantly advance player skills and should be encouraged by the Parent Volunteer. The planning for Winter training should start in the Fall and be communicated to families as early as possible. Note that the Club and ATSC are now offering optional weekly training throughout the Winter as part of a broader effort to offer programs year-round. Training is held at the Underdome and A-Game Sports.
2018 Season: U9+ space is available and training will be offered by age group. The season will run from Jan 8 - March 29. Register through Family Account via SI Play on Home Page through Nov 4th.
SYSC Contact: JP VanArsdale firstname.lastname@example.org
Tournaments are a useful way for the team to get additional concentrated playing time as a team. Popular tournament dates are Labor Day, Columbus Day and Memorial Day (including the Scarsdale Memorial Day Tournament). Please note that all tournaments are at team’s discretion and are an additional cost borne by the players. Please consult your coach and DOC for your team for the appropriate tournaments and our tournament page for more information.
REGISTER FOR THE WAITING LIST
The Active Registration period was open from
June 2, 2017 — June 30, 2017
U9–U14 Travel Soccer Facts
- This is a Fall and Spring commitment
- Players born in 2009 - 2004 tryout
- $1,150 for the year, NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS. Refund Policy
- TRYOUTS REQUIRED—held in May. All players in U9-U11 will be placed on a team. Players in U12+ are not guaranteed a spot but will make best efforts. Teams will practice 2x during the week with professional ATSC trainers.
- Travel players are not required to register for Rec soccer
- Engaged parent volunteer coach participation is required for teams, need assistant coach and parent manager—please sign up during registration.
New Players (new to u8+)
- Read about our SYSC programs to determine which program is available for your child. Tryouts for U9+ are typically held in May.
- Create a FAMILY ACCOUNT. If you have a child who has previously played travel soccer in our league, you already have an account and can login here. If you are new to any of the SYSC programs, please select online registration and create a family account to register.
- Complete the Player Documentation Requirements.
- Order uniforms for your child.
- Read the Commitment Policy.
- Read the Parent Guidelines.
- Read about our SYSC programs to determine which program is available for your child. Tryouts for U9+ typically held in May.
- Complete the online registration for each individual child in your family. Don't forget to upload a new picture of your child.
- Complete the Player Documentation Requirements.
- Order uniforms for your child only if they need a larger size from the previous season.
- Revisit the Commitment Policy.
- Revisit the Parent Guidelines.
2017 Fall Practice Schedule
|U8 Boys||3:30 - 5:00 | Location||5:15 - 6:45 | Location|
|U8 Girls||5:15 - 6:45 | Location||3:30 - 5:00 | Location|
|U9 Boys||5:15 - 6:45 | Location||5:15 - 6:45 | Location|
|U9 Girls||3:30 - 5:00 | Location||3:30 - 5:00 | Location|
|U10 Boys||5:15 - 6:45 | Location||5:15 - 6:45 | Location|
|U10 Girls||5:15 - 6:45 | Location||5:15 - 6:45 | Location|
|U11 Boys||5:15 - 6:45 | Location||3:30 - 5:00 | Location|
|U11 Girls||3:30 - 5:00 | Location||3:30 - 5:00 | Location|
|U12 Boys||3:30 - 5:00 | Location||5:15 - 6:45 | Location|
|U12 Girls||3:30 - 5:00 | Location||5:15 - 6:45 | Location|
|U13 Boys||3:30 - 5:00 | Location||3:30 - 5:00 | Location|
|U13 Girls||5:15 - 6:45 | Location||3:30 - 5:00 | Location|
|U14 Boys Porto||3:30 - 5:00 | Location||3:30 - 5:00 | Location|
|U14 Boys Benfica||3:30 - 5:00 | Location||5:15 - 6:45 | Location|
|U14 Girls||5:15 - 6:45 | Location||5:15 - 6:45 | Location|